Sunday, August 4, 2013

SuperMom Tag

1.  How many kids do you have/what age(s)?
My rainbow baby, Elliot, is 4 1/2 months old.  I also have 2 babies that miscarried.  Hope Allen would have been 3 this October and Sparrow Lee would have been 2 as of this past July.

2.  Do you feel like you have it "all together" everyday? Cleaning/laundry/beauty/etc?
Haha, no.  Not at all, but that is okay!  I do a great job with laundry and livable level of cleaning and beauty has gone out the door unless it is a wedding or some other reaaaally important event.  I'm learning to see my plain face as my beautiful face.

3.  When do you make time to shower? Day/night?
I usually shower late at night when Elliot is asleep. I'll admit there are plenty of days I don't get a shower, but that is getting better as he gets older.

4.  Do you wear makeup everyday?
No. I didn't before I had Elliot either. Funny thing is that I used to manage a makeup counter for a while in my early 20s and I was good at it, too.  I'm trying to learn to love the skin I'm in and not cover/alter it as much as I used to.  And now I'm just too tired and would rather spend the time playing with my son on the floor than in front of my mirror.

5.  Do you style your hair everyday? Or pony tail it?
No. My hair is super thick and takes forever to wash and dry.  If I air dry it takes 1-2 days for it to dry out.  I either straighten or use hot rollers in my hair once every 1-3 weeks.  The rest of the time it is pulled up in a pony or in bun.

6.  When do you find time to do your hair and makeup? When the kids are awake/asleep?
I don't. If I have to put a little on I will do it in a minute or two while Elliot is playing on the floor or my husband is watching him.  Under-eye concealer, mascara, brow powder, and lip balm are my quick makeup go-to items.  I do make time to do my skin care routine *almost* every day which consists of cleanser, anti-aging serum,  eye cream, and moisturizer.

7.  Do you workout? When?
Kind of.  I take Elliot for on walks in the baby carrier one to three times a day.  I also manage a yoga studio and try to practice 1-2/week.  Hubby works very long hours so that doesn't always work out.  I have a couple DVDs at home that I enjoy that occasionally get a wild hair and do them.  I also let the little things add up from moving naturally during outings like parking far from the entrance, taking the stairs, using a baby carrier instead of a stroller, etc.

8.  What is your household cleaning routine? Do you clean everyday?
I would love to say I have a regular schedule, but I do not.  I'm not a huge fan of structure- it makes me feel trapped. We do the regular maintenance things everyday and try to catch all the rest once every week or so.  I do well keeping up with the laundry though with ~3 loads per day.  Cloth diaper laundry is done every day at our house.

9.  Do you ever get overwhelmed with all the responsibilities as a mom?
Yes.  I'm still trying to find balance.

10.  How often do you have alone/"me" time? And how do you relax?
Rarely.  As far as outings alone, I can occasionally slip away for an hour or so.  Since Elliot's arrival I have been to a few massages and multiple studio yoga classes.  Long, hot showers are also nice escapes but those are often interrupted. I am also trying to reestablish my meditation practice. And lastly, my blog and Facebook are nice brain decompressing activities. I do take time to unwind every night.

In my opinion, putting makeup on, doing your hair, and cleaning are things that barely go into the"SuperMom" equation.  Creating new experiences, actively and patiently engaging your child, providing an emotionally and physically safe home, and more are all a much better measure of a "SuperMom."  Never-the-less, this was a fun and easy tag to do so I did it and now I tag you! Feel free to link up in the comments if you participate in this tag.

2 comments:

  1. http://thecountrybumpkinsblog.com/2013/08/05/supermom-tag/
    I did the tag! I love reading how other moms are coping with the changes and challenges that motherhood brings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://amandatwinmomma.blogspot.com/2013/08/supermom-tag.html

    Did the tag, too! I agree with Kalynn... it's hard being a mama and the reality is that it's very time consuming and your house isn't going to be spotless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!